"You read other books. This book will read you." Adrian Rogers
These are written that
you may believe that
Jesus is the Christ, the
Son of God, hand that
believing you may have life
in His name.
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine." (Jn. 8:31, NASB).
"The biggest division between Christians is no longer between one denomination and another but between those who accept the Bible as the inspired word of God and those who do not." ~ J. Sidlow Baxter
Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, “The turning point of the battle between those who hold the faith once delivered to the saints and their opponents lies in the true and real inspiration of the Holy Scriptures.”
This is the dividing line: the inspiration of the Word of God. If the Bible is not an infallible standard of truth, Spurgeon continued, “we are at sea without a compass, and no danger from rough weather without can be equal to the loss within.”
"The Bible is not such a book as man would write if he could because it condemns him or could write if he would because it surpasses him." ~ Louis Chafer
"Diocletian (244-311) called in all of the copies of the word of God that there were--burned them and erected a monument and he said said [“Extincto nomene Christianorum”] (the name Christian is extinguished). Diocletian is gone and I am preaching the word of God." ~ Adrian Rogers
"Men lie to get out of trouble not in trouble." ~ Adrian Rogers
The cults try to twist it.
The liberals water it down.
The humanists ignore it.
So-called Christians claim they love it but don't study it. Some people have enough dust on their Bible to write with their finger 'damnation'. ~ Adrian Rogers
Have you ever heard the
excuse: People can
interpret the Bible in a
variety of ways, you cannot
be sure what it says."?
This statement is false.
Excerpt John MacArthur's The Character of God's Word
The Inspiration of Scripture by John MacArthur
"'Internal proof' is the term used to describe the Bible's divine origin. The fact that forty different authors from several different countries, sharing almost no mutual acquaintance, wrote sixty-six books in three different languages over the course of two thousand years, yet produced essentially one book with one clear message is strong evidence that God was behind the writings of Scripture. Though some books were historical, others prophetical, some devotional, and still others ethical, yet the writers created one unified text. Its shared thoughts about God, man, sin, eternal punishment, and the mode of salvation are all strong proofs that the book is a revelation from God (1001 Surprising Things You Should Know About God, MacGregor, Prys, pg. 230)."
How to Make Your Bible Come Alive (right click, open) by Adrian Rogers
Click to view
ISBN 10: 0965508269 ISBN 13: 9780965508261 Product Code: 407X
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (Ti 3:16-17, NKJV)."
* The Bible is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
* The Bible is made up of 66 different books that were written over 1600 years (from approximately 1500 BC to AD 100) by more than 40 kings, prophets, leaders, and followers of Jesus. The Old Testament has 39 books (written approximately 1500-400 BC). The New Testament has 27 books (written approximately AD 45-100). The Hebrew Bible has the same text as the English Bible's Old Testament, but divides an and arranges it differently.
* The Old Testament was written mainly in Hebrew, with some Aramaic. The New Testament was written in Greek.
* The books of the Bible were collected and arranged and recognized as inspired sacred authority by councils of rabbis and councils of church leaders based on careful guidelines.
* Before the printing press was invented, the Bible was copied by hand. the Bible was copied very accurately, in many cases by special scribes who developed intricate methods of counting words and letter to insure that no error had been made.
* The Bible was the first book ever printed on the printing press with moveable type (Gutenberg Press, 1455, Latin Bible).
* There is much evidence that the Bible we have today is remarkably true to the original writings. Of the thousands of copies made by hand before AD 1500, more than 5,300 Greek manuscripts from the New Testament alone still exist today. The test of the Bible is better preserved than the writings of Caesar, Plato, or Aristotle.
* The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls confirmed the astonishing reliability of some of the copies of the Old testament made over the years. Although some spelling variations exist, no variation affects basic Bible doctrines.
* As the Bible was carried to other countries, it was translated into the common language of the people by scholars who wanted to know God's Word. Today there are still 2,000 groups with no Bible in their own language.
* By AD 200, the Bible was translated into seven languages; by AD 500, 13 languages; by AD 900, 17 languages; by AD 1400, 28 languages; by 1800, 57 languages; by 1900, 537 languages; by 1980, 1,100 languages...
Pamphlet: How We
Got the Bible
Click to view
ISBN 10: 1596361395 ISBN 13: 9781596361393 Product Code: 603X
Why Trust the Bible? pamphlet
Bible was written by approximately 40 different authors over a
period of around 1500 years. Each writer wrote with a different
style, from a different perspective, to a different audience, for a
different purpose. We should expect some minor differences. However,
a difference is not a contradiction..." full text:
Does the Bible contain errors, contradictions, or discrepancies?
Click to view
ISBN 10: 1596361417 ISBN 13: 9781596361416 Product Code: 605X
The Gospels: "Lost" and Found
Extra-biblical sources: Is there any confirmation of Biblical events from written sources outside the Bible?
Apples of Gold® Archeologist's Spade® Armor of the Lord® Cause of Christ®
Cult Toasters® Christ's Sake Comedy® Evolution vs. Creation®
Freedom Ribbon® Godly Girl® Good Cheer Smiley® Grief Group®
Inspired Scripture® Kids Art for the Cure® Life Pledge® Oh Jerusalem®
Our Rainbow® Prophecy Puzzle® Revival for Survival® Serpent Dove®
Sunshine Ministry® Teens in Need® Toys in the Attic Auctions® Wings as Eagles Foundation®
Contact Us * Homepage * Statement of Faith
All products mentioned are registered
trademarks or trademarks of their respective companies.
Copyright © 1999 VanAnne®. All rights reserved.
Last modified: Friday December 08, 2017.